Hello MEEA Members...Searching for an EE Job? Here is a great opportunity that just crossed our path-Good Luck!
DescriptionHelios is conducting a search for a Program Coordinator, Education for our client based in the Washington, DC area. Our client is an award-winning environmental education program designed for teachers and other educators, parents, and community leaders working with youth from preschool through grade twelve. The Program Coordinator provides administrative and programmatic support for the daily operations of the client’s education programs.
- Respond to general inquiries about education programs and services, including daily responses to e-mail and phone inquiries
- Provide support to the Senior Vice President, Education and other program staff as appropriate, including handling travel logistics, scheduling conference calls, conduct research, creating presentations, etc.
- Provide support to network of state coordinators, state sponsors, Education Operating Committee members, and partners
- Coordinate conference planning and logistics for Coordinators Conference and Education Operating Committee meetings, including registration, logistics, and on-site execution
- Provide support for conferences and meetings including registration, exhibit logistics, and planning
- Provide the client budget management support including invoicing, check requisitions, budget coding, and accounting discrepancies.
- Oversee reimbursement and check requests to ensure they are approved and submitted for payment in a timely fashion
- Assist state programs with the renewing their Memorandums of Understandings with AFF and ensure updated MOUs are on file.
- Post routine updates to the client website
- Coordinate the distribution of the Branch newsletter and other email communications
- Assist with production and distribution of promotional materials
- Coordinate maintenance and reporting for the client list serve
- Support grant process for GreenWorks!, GreenSchools!, and MPI
- Support recognition/awards program
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, education or environmental studies
- Knowledge of and familiarity with computerized information systems, including Microsoft Office suite and advanced understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience working effectively with volunteers and staff members
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of constituencies
- Excellent editing skills
- Attention to detail and excellent planning abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Personable, outgoing, and flexible with the ability to work under pressure.
- Time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of constituencies, including staff, donors, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to effectively plan and problem solve
- A sound work ethic with the ability to act both independently and as part of a team
- A firm commitment to working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to speak in front of various groups of constituents
- Some travel required
Here is a link to the job description that has been posted: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=HELIOSHR&cws=1&rid=513All inquires must go through this website. Thanks!